Brunch @ Jade

I haven't been blogging for ages and then the first post I chose to do after so long is... about food. Well done! This should also probably explain why, in case you should bump into me outside and couldn't recognize me, I'm growing fabulously in areas which I should not be.

We've been wanting to go check out the very popular buffet brunch at Jade for the longest of time, but every time I called to make a reservation, it's always fully booked. So I was rather surprised that I managed to make a reservation for my birthday (you can just imagine how outdated this post is)!


It was an ala-carte dim sum buffet and the first dish that came was this sweet fried fish (I totally forgot the name since it was quite some time ago ごめんえ!)


Everyone was allowed only one serving of soup and you can choose from the list of five soup. Of course I opted for sharks fin. I like that the soup base is thick enough.


Some other stuff we ordered... this crystal bao was surprisingly nice!


Cold beef slice. I love beef!



& what is dim sum without my favourite char shao su! The filling was piping warm, and the crust was just flaky right!


Check out the wonderfully glazed egg tart, it was really well made!


My favourite har gao. The skin was too thick and tough though.


This crispy tofu was real light and soft. It gets very addictive eating them, especially when they are so light and fluffy!


The much-raved abalone siew mai. I don't take siew mai, so I only took the abalone. Just by looking at the color and texture of the abalone, you should know the quality isn't fantastic. I'm not complaining though. At less than $30 per pax, I wasn't expecting top quality abalone.


None of them understand why I must have a char shao bao. I love it! Though it was really filling, I secretly love the soft bao and how it combines with the hot sweet filling.

Sometimes service was a little slow as the place was packed. Full seating! I also wished the food could have come faster after you ordered them. Otherwise, I was quite happy with the brunch! Of course the company was part of what made the brunch so fulfilling. It was hard to get everyone to sit down for a meal since Dad has irregular working hours.

I really enjoyed myself!

0 ♥ comments:

Post a Comment