Ricciotti's Sweets

One of my favourite places for cakes has got to be Ricciotti.

There is quite a wide variety of cakes and desserts, but somehow I always end up ordering the Tiramisu.



"Mascarpone cheese cake with ladyfinger biscuits, coffee and cocoa" was the humble description in the menu. At $7.80 for a small round thing like this, I wouldn't call it cheap. However, you'll hardly be disappointed should you decide to give in to temptation.

With generous dusting of finely sifted cocoa power atop the soft creamy light mousse, it compliments the soft moist flavoured cake. It is not too sweet as the slightly bitter cocoa "neutralizes" some of the sweetness. The taste was just right and the cake was very light. So light, you can order another one and not feel too sick of it.



Another must-try is the Soffiato - "warm dark chocolate cake with chocolate chip ice cream". Slightly more expensive than the Tiramisu at $8.90, sometimes I order this when I feel like having an ice cream other than just a cake. It gives me the best of both worlds where I can not only enjoy the moist chocolate cake, but also the ice cream.

As you slice a bit of the cake, warm dark chocolate fudge ooze out from within. A great combination of hot (cake) and cold (ice cream), it is quite an experience as the bitter-ish hot cake fuses with the sweet cold ice cream in your mouth.

There are quite a number of places where you can get similar chocolate cake like this, but so far, none as good as this.

With such sweet temptations, a nice cuppa hot tea, and great company, what more can you ask for?

I've promised myself I'll not be tempted by the Tiramisu or the Soffiato, and try out the Panna Cotta the next time I'm there. It's really not easy to be at Ricciotti and give this two cakes a miss!

0 ♥ comments:

Post a Comment