Rive Gauche's Longan Almond

I've always been a fan of Rive Gauche's cheesecakes, but this is the first time I'm trying their Longan Almond cake.



It looked so pretty and so 3D-ish I almost couldn't bear to eat it. And if you're someone who's very practical, you'll probably immediately think of the ultimate question "How to cut?" when presented with this as a birthday cake. All I can say is, it's not easy and it ends up looking not so pretty after you try to separate the longans and make sure each slice of cake has some. Luckily I wasn't the one who has to cut the cake.



Now, for the taste. I was surprised to find out later that there were supposed to be almond mousse in the cake, hence, the name Longan Almond. For those who are quite afraid of the strong almond taste, I can assure you there's almost none. The cake was so light, it literally melts in your mouth. Definitely very fresh too! I hate it when cakes are not fresh.

And did I mention that I love longans? It's one of my favourite fruits! It was refreshing and wasn't too sweet. On the overall because the cake was so light and the longans were so refreshing, it makes you feel less guilty indulging yourself in second helpings. Almost everyone had a second helping!

Yum!

0 ♥ comments:

Post a Comment