Longchamp

Because Jo's been asking about my Longchamp Le Pliage bags, and I've also received quite a number of requests, I'll be addressing them all in this post~


Here's my humble collection. Two Type "M" and one Type "S". If you look at the leather flap at the back, it'll tell you whether it is a Type "S" meaning small size, or a Type "M" meaning medium size. My poor aging NDS is sitting in there as point of reference for size.

edited to add: There is one more size which is the in between of Type "S" and Type "M". It's actually slightly bigger than the Type "S" and has long handles. It's a Type "Shopping". This size is getting pretty popular among Singapore women as well.  But not for me, since I like my bags big.

Red is a standard color, meaning it'll be available all seasons. Both my medium Le Pliage are seasonal colors. I've forgotten what the aqua-ish color was called. The other one is dark purple, called Bilberry. I'm not a very careful person, so I prefer them to be in darker colors. My aqua-ish one has some stains here and there, which sometimes the dependable wet wipes can't solve.

Medium size bags come in long and short handles. Both my mediums are in short handles. It is enough to carry on your shoulder, but there is little room, if say you need to reach into your bag for something. In which case, you should then opt for a long handles one.

Medium size is my fav size because I happened to have a thing for big tote bags. The medium sized bags are big enough to put in A4 sized files.

My only gripe about the Le Pliage bags is that there is only one measly compartment in the bag, on the front where the leather flap is covering. Anything else, you'll just need to dump them into the bag. This is especially inconvenient if you keep loose things like my ipod nano, keys, tissue holder... usually I fumble for them.


Me, looking utterly unflattering, with my red Le Pliage on the Melaka road trip.


Me, in another unflattering picture, with the aqua-ish Le Pliage sitting in the background. My colleagues are obsessed with taking unflattering pictures of me and they make full use of every chance they get. But I digress...


Not very clear, but me with the Bilberry Le Pliage at the Ghibli Museum in Japan.

Usually if I'm going away for a 2 days 1 night, or a 3 days 2 nights trip, one medium sized Le Pliage will do the trick for me.

Now, on to the most important thing, which is pricing. I've gotten my aqua-ish Le Pliage from Zurich airport where they were clearing off the seasonal colors. So, it was less than SGD100. Europe is the best place to get your Le Pliage cheap.

But if you're not going so far away, the nearby countries where you can get them cheaper will be Hong Kong and Thailand. These are the two countries where I know they are selling the medium Le Pliage about SGD50-60 cheaper than in Singapore. And no, it is not cheaper in Japan. In fact, it's about the same price as in Singapore.

The price also differs for sizes, and the length of handles. Long handles are about 30-40% more expensive than short handles of the same size.

If I'm not wrong, the current pricing in Singapore for a medium short handle Le Pliage is around SGD240+. I'm not sure though. Best to call up the stores and ask.

edited to add: Even better, drop by and have a look yourself. The best place to go shop for your Le Pliage, in my opinion, is at the Takashimaya Longchamp bag section. Especially for someone new to Le Pliage and wants to try out the different sizes and understand more about the Le Pliage bag, it is the most un-intimidating place to go with a rather helpful (though sometimes kinda clueless) SA. I'm not sure if the SA has changed though.

0 ♥ comments:

Post a Comment