Alice in Wonderland

Movie of the moment: Alice in Wonderland


credits:wikipedia

So many questions. Why is it that Alice is a 20 year-old girl? Isn't she supposed to be a little girl? Isn't a 20 year-old girl a little old to be playing make-believe and saying "this is all a dream..."?

Why is it that her clothes remain unchanged whereas her boots and the hanky tied around her wounds on her arm shrink/expand along with her? Was it a cinematography decision so that the lead character can have a variety of wardrobe change?
I might not remember the whole story of Alice in Wonderland which I've read when I was very young, but I'm fairly certain there was only ONE queen??

Also, why do I detect a hint of some romanticism going on between the Mad Hatter and Alice? Isn't that... sort of incestuous in a way???

I feel there's some "read between the lines" which I'm not getting. It's definitely more than just an entertaining show. After all, it's a Tim Burton show! Or am I giving it more credit than it deserve?

Johnny Depp is just so Johnny Depp-ish. It seems like the more weird characters he play, the more it seemed to all blend into one. When the Mad Hatter appeared, did you detect some hint of Willy Wonka and Captain Jack Sparrow?

I quite like Helena Bonham Carter's role and the way she portrayed the Red Queen. I must say she's a really versatile actress and the Red Queen was very well done.

The White Queen is interesting, but there wasn't much room for character development, hence Anne Hathaway didn't really shine through in this show.

On the overall, the show is pretty okay. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm disappointed, but I'm not very satisfied either. Something is definitely lacking...

1 ♥ comments:

flora said...

ya i didn't really enjoy this also! the only good thing is JOHNNY DEPP.

wished they had kept to the original story line

Post a Comment